Lightning not running on PS4

I tried running the sample lightning app created using the cli tool on ps4 as a web app and all I saw was an empty black screen.

Found this error in the console

Main.js:22776 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'True')
    at DOMNodeDetailsSidebarPanel.accessibilityPropertiesCallback (Main.js:11814:269)
    at DOMNode.accessibilityPropertiesCallback (Main.js:2867:48)
    at InspectorBackendPageConnection._dispatchResponseToCallback (Main.js:1015:14)
    at InspectorBackendPageConnection._dispatchResponse (Main.js:1007:6)
    at InspectorBackendPageConnection.dispatch (Main.js:994:6)
    at InspectorBackendClass.dispatch (Main.js:918:34)
    at WebSocket.<anonymous> (Main.js:44:97)

Has anyone faced this error before? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

AFAIK PS4 does not support WebGL and can only run Canvas2D. Are you running Lightning in Canvas2D?

Also it shows an Inspector error, is this a webinspector of some sorts? What library are you using there? It certainly isn’t Lightning :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late response. I was waiting for a PS4 dev kit to test it myself, previously I was relying on remote testing.

You were right about the webinspector error message, it was from a browser extension.

I gave it another shot on Ps4 with canvas2d set to true in the settings.json and saw this error message in the console

Unhandled promise rejection – TypeError: Type error — polyfills.js:4536
TypeError: Type error
error
run — polyfills.js:4536
(anonymous function) — polyfills.js:4553
flush — polyfills.js:1665

The app was built for es5

Ps4 browser user agent string:
Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation 4 WebMAF) AppleWebKit/538.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) WebMAF/v2.8.0-0-gc6f82313 SDK: (0x08008051u), Built: Jun 24 2021 12:29:58

Just some useful info here:
Exploring and Developing for the PS4 browser.

The javascript engine is 1.7 which is the same in Firefox 2 :joy: - I’m not sure how much you’ll be able to get things running on that. The polyfills are made to “update” the browser but they probably have a minimum javascript engine as well.

Let us know if you got past the polyfill issues. This is probably < es5

1 Like